I graduated from the IB Diploma Programme at Paderewski Private Grammar School in Lublin in 2009. I was the member of Amnesty International school group. I used to write for the school magazine Playground and learn Spanish. See my background information form and CAS log.
Creativity
For my C posts, see posts tagged Creativity. My activities included writing (the internet, school magazine), a journalistic workshop, the MUN conference (the Human Rights council), working for the school information agency, Spanish classes, and co-creating workshops.
For my A posts, see posts tagged Action. I used to attend the pool. I also followed an ecological trail in the Polesie National Park and took part in a walkathon in Warsaw, Poland.
Blog template:MiraMuhayat. Written content: Ada Kepinska.
Creativity: Spanish Classes
Tuesday, October 12, 2010 @ 10:39 PM
Area: Creativity
Time: 1.5 h
Type of activity: practicing Spanish
The classes I am currently having focus on everyday vocabulary in a context that enables for discussion. That is why today I have read and analysed articles about feng shui and the illnesses anorexia and bulimia. I found them a very pleasant variety from plain grammar exercises. They not only were related to topics that I might be asked about in the future, on the exam, or simply find them in the Hispanic media. They were also presented in a way that brought me to a more general reflection--a reflection, I notice now, that I had no problems to form and express in Polish or English, but sharing it in Spanish required more vocabulary I could mostly find in the texts. I especially liked the one about feng shui that is being misinterpreted and criticised without a consideration that in reality it is an integral part of a different culture. The article, in spite of being written by an European, was objective and thoughtful. I really enjoyed these lessons.