I graduated from the IB Diploma Programme at Paderewski Private Grammar School in Lublin in 2009. I was the member of Amnesty International school group. I used to write for the school magazine Playground and learn Spanish. See my background information form and CAS log.
Creativity
For my C posts, see posts tagged Creativity. My activities included writing (the internet, school magazine), a journalistic workshop, the MUN conference (the Human Rights council), working for the school information agency, Spanish classes, and co-creating workshops.
For my A posts, see posts tagged Action. I used to attend the pool. I also followed an ecological trail in the Polesie National Park and took part in a walkathon in Warsaw, Poland.
Blog template:MiraMuhayat. Written content: Ada Kepinska.
Service: Meeting with Ms. Kamila Gralewska from the organisation Mali bracia Ubogich (Little Brothers - Friends of the Elderly)
On October, 7, there was the Day of Volunteer Work organised in my school. The event was a chance to get to know about the organisations working in the city, and to enter into cooperation with any. Mali bracia Ubogich (Little Brothers - Friends of the Elderly) is the one that aims to avoid marginalisation of the elderly, especially ladies, and help them keep in touch with other people.
On October, 11 I set up the date of a meeting with the coordinator, Ms. Kamila Gralewska, and it took place today. I have to say I felt rather stressed but the whole thing turned out to be very material and to-the-point. I was given the form for the volunteer to fill, had a small talk about my interests and any possible ways I could contribute, and was invited to the coming general meeting with other members of Mali bracia on 4th November.
Generally, I feel very well after today. My last try of getting to volunteer work outside my school ended with the coordinator having no time for me, and I was really positively surprised about how seriously I was taken. I managed to set a kind of casual plan with Ms. Gralewska, basing on the knowledge about the activities for ladies that have been carried out before, like meetings with people who could tell them more about some parts of the world, France or Canada, or some shows and workshops. I thought I could arrange something with my friends from the exchange or Spanish teachers. I want to think it over and come up with some more concrete ideas till the beginning of November.
The leaflet I was given on the Day of Volunteer Work. [My translation from Polish]
Because the greatest value in your life is another person...
If you have any free time and willing to share it with others
If you want to help lonesome elderly people
If you want to get to know more about yourself, develop your abilities, show your ideas and see your future prospects
If you want to help in organisation of various actions
If you want to share what you were given,
the volunteer work in Mali bracia Ubogich is for you!