I graduated from the IB Diploma Programme at Paderewski Private Grammar School in Lublin in 2009. I was the member of Amnesty International school group. I used to write for the school magazine Playground and learn Spanish. See my background information form and CAS log.
Creativity
For my C posts, see posts tagged Creativity. My activities included writing (the internet, school magazine), a journalistic workshop, the MUN conference (the Human Rights council), working for the school information agency, Spanish classes, and co-creating workshops.
For my A posts, see posts tagged Action. I used to attend the pool. I also followed an ecological trail in the Polesie National Park and took part in a walkathon in Warsaw, Poland.
Blog template:MiraMuhayat. Written content: Ada Kepinska.
Creativity: Writing a Review for a School Magazine
Wednesday, November 3, 2010 @ 4:54 AM
Area: Creativity
Time: 3 h
Type of activity: writing a review
Article in the school magazine [page 27, Polish]
The process of writing an article for the school newspaper was not really complicated as I had already had an idea for it in my head for quite a lot of time. I had selected the bands to write about according to the key that later became the part of a title of my article, sweetness in music (the whole was called Unicorns, Chocolate, Fruit Drops. Sweetness in Music). The chosen ones, The Diogenes Club, Belle & Sebastian, Maths and Physics Club, and Phoenix are alternative bands that I like in private, and wanted to share with people but for example readers of my music blog. I thought writting for a magazine would be more useful as I did not expect many students to recognise them, still feel that music presented is accessible enough.
Writing the article was pleasure in general. Firstly, I wanted to use the part of a music summary from the blog coldaim. A very fortunate thing was that the author did not make any difficulties, even found the whole thing a good method of promoting. Afterward preparing the thing seemed rather easy and went well.
I just got a bit disappoined with the final effect because my article got cut in a few places. That is a signal for me to write shorter, to ask for explicit amount of words per article, and develop my style of writing more clearly so that there were less to edit in it.