I graduated from the IB Diploma Programme at Paderewski Private Grammar School in Lublin in 2009. I was the member of Amnesty International school group. I used to write for the school magazine Playground and learn Spanish. See my background information form and CAS log.
Creativity
For my C posts, see posts tagged Creativity. My activities included writing (the internet, school magazine), a journalistic workshop, the MUN conference (the Human Rights council), working for the school information agency, Spanish classes, and co-creating workshops.
For my A posts, see posts tagged Action. I used to attend the pool. I also followed an ecological trail in the Polesie National Park and took part in a walkathon in Warsaw, Poland.
Blog template:MiraMuhayat. Written content: Ada Kepinska.
Creativity: Preparing the Presentation About Intellectual Property
Saturday, December 11, 2010 @ 5:30 AM
Area: Creativity
Time: 5 h
Type of activity: preparing the presentation about intellectual property
On November, 10 I was sent an e-mail by my CAS coordinator, Mrs B. Ostrowska, about the possibility to take part in the organisation of the campaign about the intellectual property. Due to the fact I am quite interested in the subject, especially in terms of music and photographs, tonnes of which I listen to/watch every day on the internet, I thought I could get involved.
When I discussed the whole idea with my coordinator, it turned out that the articles I had could be useful in the planned IT class about the intellectual property (downloading music legally, using somebody else's files etc.)
Examples of links.
I also found three films I thought could be a good supplement of the whole action. Good Copy Bad Copyis a document created by one of my favourite artists, a musician Gregg Michael Gillis who creates mushups (songs made of several samples from different pieces of music), and his work, even though original and appeciated, brings controversy on legality. GCBC, as well as the three other films, are available for free so I just downloaded every and the Polish subtitles which I eventually had to proofread. The only problem with the movie was that it already had English subtitles so I went up with looking for something else.
I particularly liked RiP!: A Remix Manifestobut there were no Polish subtitles to it available and I did not have enough time to prepare one.
At first I also thought of Steal This Filmbecause it covered the problem since the development of printing (sic!) but the second half turned out to be really one-sided and encouraging not to care about the legal aspects too much. That is why, in the end, GCBC became a final choice, with two language versions combined.
Watching Steal This Film and going through its subtitles.
The presentation of the film turned out to be quite successful and I hope that people found a problem more clear and more important than at the beginning. If I could change anything in a way of working, I would plan everything more carefully, to find more time and not to remain undecided while I could actually spend that time on developing the campaign.