I graduated from the IB Diploma Programme at Paderewski Private Grammar School in Lublin in 2009. I was the member of Amnesty International school group. I used to write for the school magazine Playground and learn Spanish. See my background information form and CAS log.
Creativity
For my C posts, see posts tagged Creativity. My activities included writing (the internet, school magazine), a journalistic workshop, the MUN conference (the Human Rights council), working for the school information agency, Spanish classes, and co-creating workshops.
For my A posts, see posts tagged Action. I used to attend the pool. I also followed an ecological trail in the Polesie National Park and took part in a walkathon in Warsaw, Poland.
Blog template:MiraMuhayat. Written content: Ada Kepinska.
Creativity: Writing an Article for a School Magazine
Sunday, December 12, 2010 @ 6:40 PM
Area: Creativity
Time: 7 h
Type of activity: writing an article about Etgar Keret's Kneller's Happy Campers for the school magazine Playground
Writing an article for the magazine was, to some extent, repeating the problem I have already suffered when preparing my text about the band Phoenix i.e. not having an appropriate idea for the text. The editor of the cultural part of the magazine, Mateusz Kusio, wanted me to write about my favourite writer, Vladimir Nabokov but it took me a lot of time to see I don't really feel this subject. That is why I prepared a short passage about the story that, even though I read it around June, still left me impressed.
I hope that this activity is going to benefit others in a way the book itself influenced me: wanting to go deeper into Etgar Keret's literature I found witty, intelligent, and thought-evoking. It touches the problem of suicide, love and lack of understanding, and I think many people could find it interesting but many could not hear about him. I believe I managed to show Keret well and catch people's attention like I wanted. To find this out, I have to wait for the publicaton of the magazine.