I graduated from the IB Diploma Programme at Paderewski Private Grammar School in Lublin in 2009. I was the member of Amnesty International school group. I used to write for the school magazine Playground and learn Spanish. See my background information form and CAS log.
Creativity
For my C posts, see posts tagged Creativity. My activities included writing (the internet, school magazine), a journalistic workshop, the MUN conference (the Human Rights council), working for the school information agency, Spanish classes, and co-creating workshops.
For my A posts, see posts tagged Action. I used to attend the pool. I also followed an ecological trail in the Polesie National Park and took part in a walkathon in Warsaw, Poland.
Blog template:MiraMuhayat. Written content: Ada Kepinska.
Service: Taking Part in the Amnesty International Marathon of Writing Letters
Monday, December 13, 2010 @ 1:12 PM
Area: Creativity
Time: 22 h 30 minutes
Type of activity: taking part in the Amnesty International Marathon of Writing Letters
It is slowly becoming a tradition for me to take part in the AI marathon. This year I had quite an important role of an organiser, I brought music to share and chose films to watch, at the end I had been counting and packing letters, I advised people who came for the first time how to start writing etc. I believe that this action is one of the best I take part in every year because it enables both some social interaction (actually, most of the people come rather to see their friends and write with them, not for writing mainly), entertainment (music & films), and helping the prisoners of conscious at the same time.
However strange it sounds, I would change nothing in the action. This year everything was prepared in a very professional way thanks to the founds my group got from the Foundation. There was food (cookies, lollipops, tea, coffee, juice), an electronic meter of letters, my friend J. had a performance (he plays saxophone), nothing seemed to be lacking. I am also glad about the final number of letters, 1767.
What I have learnt about myself through this activity is that I sometimes lack courage to do something on my own, to share my ideas with other people but if they are, like in our AI school group, having at least a bit of interest, I am able to feel motivated and really work harder than I would expect. Preparing a marathon, planning it and discussing took a lot of time but was worth it.
All the photographs below were made by me during the marathon.