I graduated from the IB Diploma Programme at Paderewski Private Grammar School in Lublin in 2009. I was the member of Amnesty International school group. I used to write for the school magazine Playground and learn Spanish. See my background information form and CAS log.
Creativity
For my C posts, see posts tagged Creativity. My activities included writing (the internet, school magazine), a journalistic workshop, the MUN conference (the Human Rights council), working for the school information agency, Spanish classes, and co-creating workshops.
For my A posts, see posts tagged Action. I used to attend the pool. I also followed an ecological trail in the Polesie National Park and took part in a walkathon in Warsaw, Poland.
Blog template:MiraMuhayat. Written content: Ada Kepinska.
Service: Organisation of an Evening with Hindu Cinema for the Elderly Ladies
Thursday, January 27, 2011 @ 12:37 AM
Area: Service
Time: 2.5 h
Type of activity: organisation of an evening with Hindu cinema for the elderly ladies
Today I took a part in a meeting organized for the elderly ladies from my organisation. What me and my friend Mateusz prepared, was a small tea party with tea, coffee, sweets and a Bollywood version of Pride and Prejudice. I was quite positively surprised as there is an obnoxious stereotype that the elderly people are unwilling to see anything new and complain about any attempts of introducing them to anything new. Here—nothing of that type happened. Most of the ladies seemed to be interested in the film and, even though I feel a bit sorry they were not really willing to participate in a discussion over the movie we intended to start, I am quite glad overall. Two of the elderly volunteers, when I had taken care of the dishes left and some necessary cleaning, came to me to have a small talk about the whole evening. Once again, I was moved by their warmth mixed with down-to-earth attitude. They told me not to worry too much and pointed out the personal differences between the members. However obvious that comment seemed, I felt brought up and think that was a pleasant evening that is some kind of experience.