I graduated from the IB Diploma Programme at Paderewski Private Grammar School in Lublin in 2009. I was the member of Amnesty International school group. I used to write for the school magazine Playground and learn Spanish. See my background information form and CAS log.
Creativity
For my C posts, see posts tagged Creativity. My activities included writing (the internet, school magazine), a journalistic workshop, the MUN conference (the Human Rights council), working for the school information agency, Spanish classes, and co-creating workshops.
For my A posts, see posts tagged Action. I used to attend the pool. I also followed an ecological trail in the Polesie National Park and took part in a walkathon in Warsaw, Poland.
Blog template:MiraMuhayat. Written content: Ada Kepinska.
Creativity: Journalistic Workshop
Monday, February 28, 2011 @ 10:53 PM
Area: Creativity
Time: 5 h
Type of activity: taking part in the journalistic workshop
Today I have taken part in a journalistic workshop that was going to prepare me for the next work I plan accomplishing as one of CAS activities, i.e. writing articles with the most urgent news from the school community for a special webpage (CAS proposal form for that activity is available here.) The workshop, being held by a professional journalist, consisted of the most essential information. Me and a group of other girls discussed the qualities a good reporter should have, the functions of members of an editorial stuff, and the features of the most common written forms, including a column, a reportage, and an interview.
Even though at first I felt a bit unsteadily due to the fact I expected to spend the workshop with more people and, what is more important, with one of my classmates with whom I have already collaborated on the school magazine Playground, the whole experience turned out to be really helpful. I especially enjoyed the part in which I was told to go for a walk around school and come back with ideas for articles. I, surprisingly for me myself, came back with news about decorating classes, concert advertised in our school and an international Maths competition. I felt brought up when I have noticed that something is happening in my school, and really during an ordinary lunch break when I would expect the coming test the most exciting information to hear.
It was a very stimulating time, both in terms of some kind of formal, theoretical preparation, as well as inspiring to look for some interesting thoughts around on my own.